So, after I posted the last blog I did go and lie next to Caroline in bed. After a while I noticed that she felt a bit hot so I took her temp. 38.4. We monitored it for 40 minutes and it hovered slightly over 38. The danger sign that infection might be setting in.
C called the hospital and we arrived there about 5pm. C was admitted to emergency and given fluids and antiobiotics. after a chat with doc Michelle it was decided to admit C for the night, especially as she has to be back there anyway at 8am. The good news is that C’s temp has dropped back into the normal range. She’s has a chest X-rays and swabs and bloods taken so if there is an infection we should know what it is soon.
C was angry but resigned to having to drive back to hospital this afternoon, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.